Saturday, April 4, 2009

Emma Watson says her fame scares the boys away

harry potter actress emma watson

While winning a starring role in the Harry Potter films has brought Emma Watson worldwide fame and riches beyond her wildest dreams, the actress says it has played havoc with her love life.

News By: Richard Eden
Date: 14 Mar 2009

"Finding someone that you like, or who likes you, is always difficult at my age," says Emma, who turns 19 next month. "But being famous complicates things much more. I suppose that some boys feel a bit intimidated by me and stay on their guard."

Emma is no doubt relieved that filming has begun on the seventh and final film in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as she jokes: "It's easier to pull on film sets. They are a goldmine!"

The actress, who plays the brainy Hermione Granger, is currently on a gap year after she gained straight As in her A-levels at Headington School, in Oxford, last summer.

She says she has been enjoying life since she celebrated her 18th birthday. "I've got my driving licence and bought myself a car, a grey Toyota Prius," she says. "And now I can drink alcohol! I feel more free to to do what I want to do, and I suppose that I have to be more responsible for myself. That's a big change."

Source: telegraph.co.uk