Saturday, April 4, 2009

Emma Watson tipped for global ambassador role at Greenpeace

emma watson

Emma Watson, the Harry Potter actress, is being courted as a global ambassador for environmental campaign group Greenpeace.

By Ben Leach on 02 Apr 2009

The 18-year-old was reportedly approached by the organisation after she said: "I cannot not be green", according to the Daily Mail.

Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series, has previously spoken at length of her green credentials.

She said once: "I did my end of school project on global warming and Hurricane Katrina.

"My car is electric, I recycle, I take public transportation, I try not to buy and drink bottled water. I'm not perfect, but it's something I feel strongly about."

A spokesman for Greenpeace said Watson would be "perfect" as an ambassador for the organisation.

He said: "Emma would be perfect for us. She's posh, pretty, brainy and committed. She's also not too star struck to care if it's seen as vaguely controversial. She would really help."

The actress, who studied at Headington School in Oxford, has previously said she is prepared to turn her back on Hollywood to go to University after getting three A-grades in her A-levels.

She said: "I'm going to have a battle on my hands, because after Harry Potter has finished, I don't know. I definitely want to go to university."

She has also admitted she would strip naked on the big screen if the role was right.

Source: telegraph.co.uk